I asked my friend, Mandy from Daily Cup of Grace, if she wanted to contribute to Strawberry Week here on Creative Savings. This recipe was the first thing that came to mind. It sounded too yummy not to share!
One of our family’s favorite cookies is a sugar-cookie tart filled with strawberry jam. It’s fun to make and delicious to eat! And for our family, it’s extra special since it’s a family recipe from my Grandma Chapman.
Strawberry Jam Tarts
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups Flour
1. Cream butter & sugar, add eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
2. Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
3. Roll out one part at a time onto a floured counter or baker’s mat using flour on top too.
4. Cut out cookies and place on greased cookie sheet. Keep some of the cut-outs sold for the base and then make some have a center hole using a smaller cookie cutter.
5. Bake for 8 minutes (no longer!) on 350 degrees. Remove pan and let cool.
6. When all cookies have been made, you are read to assemble them. Spread a teaspoon of strawberry jelly on the base and top with a top cookie.
These are fun to make in various shapes for any time of the year or holiday. Store them in an air-tight container or bag. They also freeze well as a “rainy day” snack.
* * *
Mandy Hoffman connects God’s grace to the daily grind at DailyCupOfGrace.com. She is married to her soul mate and favorite pastor – Justin. God has graced them with two girls and one boy – all blonde hair and blue-eyed. If Mandy isn’t cleaning the house, baking cookies, or helping her kids pass the next level of Angry Birds, she can be found cozied up with a book or counseling teens and women.