This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
The day has come.
Habit #12 is here, which means we've finally entered the home stretch! We have one last habit to tackle for the Year of Intention, and I couldn't think of anything better than to make family a priority during one of the busiest seasons ever.
I know…….this is going to be a tough one.
For Joseph and I, December is FILLED with church events, gift exchanges, and cookie swaps. It leaves little room for much else, let alone those we care most about.
That's why it's even more important to make sure your immediate family — the ones you live with, your spouse, and your kids — don't get squeezed out of your schedule in lieu of another obligatory Christmas party. Make them the priority this season. Start your own Holiday traditions. Turn December into a month of joy, rather than a month of stress!
That's precisely my personal plan going forward.
Habit #12 Action Plan:
- Say “no” to extra curricular activities if there simply isn't room in the schedule, or if it doesn't align with our family's goals and priorities for the season.
- Do one special activity a week with just Joseph and I. We haven't completely decided what we're going to do yet, but I'm sure a trip to the beach and a movie night will definitely be on the books!
- Stay accountable by sharing a photo of our activities on Instagram.
Want to Join?
1. Download the free printable above, and decide how many family activities you want to plan for the month.
2. Brainstorm fun activity options with immediate family members. If you need some ideas, this printable Christmas Bucket List would be fun to do!
3. Share a photo of your family activity on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #12MiniHabits. I’ll randomly choose two readers at the end of the month to win a $50 gift card to Amazon.com. The more activities you share, the more chances you have to win! Giveaway ends at midnight on 12/31/15.
Are you ready to do things you actually enjoy this season? Let me know in the comments below if you're ready to tackle this challenge alongside me. I'll be sharing a list of all the activities we did in December's Recap and Results post, as well as photos of everyone else who participates. So this is your chance to get featured on Creative Savings!
I can't wait to make this month one of pure joy, rather than frustration and stress. It might be the first time I've looked forward to Christmas and the New Year in a long, long time!
Will you join me in this month's challenge?
– – – – –
Follow along with the rest of my Year of Intention Series:
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Read my full disclosure policy here.