This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
I’m really not sure why….I mean it takes literally 2 minutes to make our beds look presentable, but still, we push back the covers, roll out of bed, and start about our day without giving that unmade bed another thought. Part of it is probably pure laziness, but the other is just because we’re going to get in it again. Am I right?
However, when I do take the time to make my bed, I’m literally shocked at the difference in my productivity for the day. It’s almost like having that “quick win” in the morning jumpstarts my next few hours on a positive note, and I know that if I can just get into this habit of making my bed right when I get up, I can conquer just about anything. Maybe that seems silly, but it really works!
So this October, the next mini habit on my list is to make my bed every day, and am excited to see how much better I tackle my to-do list as a result. Plus, my entire bedroom will look a whole lot tidier too!
Habit #10 Action Plan:
- Get a new comforter set. We haven’t had one in years and I know I’ll be more excited about making my bed if I have something pretty to make it with!
- Make my bed within 5 minutes of getting up.
- Stay accountable by sharing a few photos of my newly made bed on Instagram.
Want to Join?
1. Download the free printable above to hang on your fridge and keep track of each day you make your bed. Try to go without breaking an entire 30-day streak!
2. Share a photo of your bed on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #12MiniHabits. I’ll randomly be choosing one reader at the end of the month to win a $50 gift card to Amazon.com! Giveaway ends at midnight on 10/31/15.
Are you ready to jumpstart your day by making your bed? Let me know in the comments below if you’re ready to tackle this challenge alongside me.
I’d love for us to keep each other accountable, and I’ll be sharing the photos of everyone who participated in my Recap and Results post, so this is YOUR chance to get featured on Creative Savings!
Happy bed making!
Will you join me in this month’s challenge?
– – – – –
Follow along with the rest of my Year of Intention Series:
Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. Read my full disclosure policy here.